Friday, May 13, 2011

Fresh Start

Alright so when I first started this blog I was posting updates of my own work, but then I just got lazy and stopped. Well a good friend of mine Daniel Harman has motivated me to start back up and treat it as an assignment, that every day I need to post my progress. So starting now there will be a new format in my post's and it will usually start with my shots progress and a little bit of news, I'm pretty excited about doing this and you can also follow Daniel at his blog where he is going to be doing the same thing.


So follow Daniel and his progress at Asher's Aniblog


And here is my shot's progress. I mostly worked on the body need to get into face and lip sync right now that shall be next.



Animation News

Willie Downs is an AM student who has started a project called "Animator Letters Project" what Willie want's to do is collect as many letters from professional animator's encouraging others to not give up and follow their dreams. I think it's a really great project and I thank Willie cause the letters he has received are really inspiring and when you may be feeling down on your work you can go to this site and just get recharged it's an awesome thing.


Check it Animator Letters Project


Music


A short film by AM Alumni Christiaan Moleman called "Teddy" Beautifully done story and animation.


Ciao

2 comments:

  1. Hey man have a few notes on your shot

    Screen left hand pose could be stronger

    I would have a facial pose change around 15 to show him shift from just listening to disbelief

    untwin all facial poses

    he looks shocked at the end, it feels like it should be frustration from the dialogue, I would drop the brows to see if it feels better

    Work on getting more tilt in the head in poses it will feel more natural

    check this video out to see the benefits of Contrast and Angles Change
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rENUjuVO4a0

    I don't know how far you have gotten with the lip sync, but the major mouth poses need to be pushed

    instead of pushing forward on COME ON i feel like he should pull away and turn his head up and away then back after ON.

    20-44 he stops moving, he should still be shifting his weight in there

    Good luck with the shot, and I will keep following your progress.

    ReplyDelete